This year's bash features festival favourites PUNCH DRUNK CABARET with their explosion of high energy and an award-winning mix of rockabilly, garage blues and modern alt-rock!!
They are the first-ever Alberta based act to win both Edmonton (EMA) and Calgary (CMA) Music Awards, and amidst the pandemic shutdown of live events, they still managed to clinch a pair of INTERNATIONAL AWARDS for Best Soundtrack following their contributions to the indie flick, Boneyard Racers.
- 2021 (Winner) London International Weekly Film Awards (UK), Best Soundtrack
- 2021 (Winner) Dark Story Festival Film Awards (USA), Best Soundtrack
- 2019 (Winner) CMA Music Video of the Year
- 2019 (Nominee) EMA Rock Recording of the Year
- 2017 (Winner) EMA Music Video of the Year
* Featured on "The Moment: Season 1" TV series in 2022
* Over 100 festival and special event appearances including: Tim Horton's Brier, Edmonton Eskimos Fanfare, Big Valley Jamboree, Medicine Hat Jazz Fest
* Appearances with Trooper, July Talk, Sheepdogs, Bif Naked, Reverend Horton Heat, Kim Mitchell, Streetheart, Hawksley Workman
Award-winning festival favourite, Punch Drunk Cabaret represents a time when musical acts dressed their best, bringing stadium-rock energy to every stage they played, regardless of size. The result has been an ever-growing following whose enthusiastic audience participation is central to each and every performance. It’s that dedication to showmanship that’s secured Punch Drunk Cabaret many a mainstage appearance, often closing out the night due to the unmatched energy of their live set.
Fronted by Randal X Bailer who channels the guitar bravado of Stray Cats’, Brian Setzer with the theatricality of David Bowie, it’s no surprise the Punch Drunk Cabaret sound is a potent cocktail of rockabilly swing, glam blues and anthemic 80’s era rock. “We intentionally want to recreate the excitement that live shows used to have”, explains Bailer. “This tradition began with the rebelliousness of the 1930’s swing kids, then amplified by acts like Elvis Presley in the 50’s before going global with the MTV generation in the 80’s. What sets us apart from any other act is our ability to fuse these diverse influences into something fresh and exciting.” It’s this “familiar yet fresh” approach that’s landed PDC on many a mainstage slot at Rock, Roots, Blues, Jazz and Folk festivals alike.
The trio is rounded out by bassist, Twotone Teddy Roy and new recruit, keyboardist/ percussionist, Rob Robot Ducharme. The pair perfectly personify the band’s sound with Roy’s vintage bass approach being the ideal counterpoint to Ducharme’s more modern electronic sounds. Although considering themselves a “live act first”, Punch Drunk Cabaret has steadily been accumulating awards and nominations for their recordings and music videos.
WEBSITE: PUNCH DRUNK CABARET